Passive installation subwoofers
The Q-SYS PL-SUB family are passive, installation subwoofers that feature a weatherized wooden enclosure in a compact form factor suited for a broad range of applications, from entertainment and small sporting venues to corporate auditoriums or higher ed lecture halls. Four models (available in 10-in, 12-in, 15-in and 18-in) provide an abundance of options to ensure the right loudspeaker solution anywhere in the venue that requires higher performance audio. PL Series performance loudspeakers pair a rich legacy of high-performance audio with the power and flexibility of Q-SYS to extend an integrated audio, video and control experience to your Front-of-House applications.
- 10-in, 12-in, 15-in and 18-in models in a compact form factor for modern applications
- Weatherized (IP54) wooden enclosure for indoor and protected outdoor environments
- The PL-SUB18 is flyable with the PL-LA12 line array (PL-LA12-AF Array Frame not included)
- PL-SUB15 and PL-SUB18 offer omnidirectional or cardioid radiation modes (selectable in Q-SYS) when deploying two or more subwoofers.
- Black (RAL 9011)
- Deliver the Right System for your Customers: PL Series loudspeakers provide an abundance of options to ensure the right loudspeaker solution anywhere in the venue that requires higher performance audio. All of the PL Series loudspeakers feature a weatherized enclosure (IP54 rating), making them a perfect choice for indoor or protected outdoor applications. Pairing them with the Q-SYS Platform, including Q-SYS processing and network amplifiers extends a number of unique benefits from custom voicings and protection safeguards to advanced telemetry, helping to speed up deployment and deliver a more holistic system operation experience.
- Full Control and monitoring for Entertainment Venues: The Q-SYS Platform offers a full-featured control engine that lets you deploy the right level of intuitive user control and system visibility for each stakeholder in the venue. Design an advanced system control interface with Q-SYS UCI Editor for the sound operators, containing any combination of gain, preset triggers, status indicators, telemetry data and more. Similarly, enlist Q-SYS Reflect Enterprise Manager to remotely monitor and manage the integrity of your system from anywhere, and even allow an offsite technician to identify and troubleshoot issues from any web browser.
- Seamless Q-SYS Experience for Entertainment Venues and Complexes: PL Series are part of a comprehensive Q-SYS portfolio that lets you take advantage of industry leading power amplification, flexible AV routing, intuitive control and robust processing capabilities to deliver a singular Q-SYS experience venue-wide. Whether you need foreground reinforcement for your performance area, background music in the lobbies or ancillary areas, collaboration in the meeting rooms, wide area audio distribution or third-party device integration and automation, the Q-SYS Platform ties these pieces to deliver a uniquely tailored experience throughout.
|Transducers||LF: 10 in (250 mm), 3 in (75 mm) voice coil||LF: 12 in (300 mm), 3 in (75 mm) voice coil||LF: 15 in (380 mm), 4 in (100 mm) voice coil||LF: 18 in (460 mm), 4 in (100 mm) voice coil|
|Enclosure Configuration:||Passive subwoofer in bass reflex enclosure|
|Coverage||Omnidirectional||Omni-directional or cardioid radiation modes selectable in Q-SYS; cardioid setup requires minimum two (2) units|
|System bandwidth |
(-10 dB with EQ)
|System Sensitivity||90 dB 1W/1m||93 dB 1W/1 m||97.5 dB 1 W/1m||96 dB 1 W/1 m|
|Max SPL* (continuous)||132 dB||137 dB||139 dB||140 dB|
|Enclosure Material||Exterior plywood|
|Enclosure Color:||Black (RAL 9011)|
|Connectors||2x Speakon NL4 (cable connector not provided) |
1x Euroblock (parallel to Speakon): Solid wire 8-24 AWG, 4 poles
Treated grille vs. UV and corrosion
Hydrophobic stainless steel mesh behind grille
Input cup (IP65) sealing with gland
|Recommended Amplifiers|| |
Q-SYS CX-Q 8K4
Q-SYS CX-Q 4K4
|Q-SYS CX-Q 8K4 (up to 2 per ch)|
|Dimensions||10.8 x 16.7 x 20 in |
(275 x 425 x 510 mm)
|12.7 x 20.6 x 24 in |
(325 x 525 x 610 mm)
|14.7 x 23.5 x 27.1 in |
(375 x 598 x 690 mm)
|20.9 x 24.4 x 28.7 |
(531 x 620 x 730 mm)
|Weight||41.8 lb (18.96 kg)||53.1 lb (24.1 kg)||80 lb (36.3 kg)||102.2 lb (46.3 kg)|
*1 m on-axis in free space; continuous IEC noise 6 dB crest factor into power rating
All specifications are subject to change without notice.