Q-SYS Designer Software is the most powerful yet simple advanced DSP design software on the market today. This software enables the user to create designs for native Q-SYS Platform system and also supports the integration of the greater Q-SYS Ecosystem. The system design environment was created specifically to be intuitive and easy to use. It is laid out without clutter or complicated multi-level menus. As a result, the software allows system integrators to focus their energy on building the audio system, rather than laboring over a complex software learning curve.
• One Software for all System Sizes: Q-SYS Designer Software is a single application for use with every Q-SYS Core category for projects of any size.
• Emulation Mode: Build the majority of your system without hardware.
• Third-party peripheral support: Q-SYS allows for control of external devices through available LUA scripting.
• User Control Interfaces: Design custom buttons, import graphics, add UCI PIN protection as an addition layer of protection and build user controls for touchscreen controllers.
Note: Before upgrading, be sure to create backup copies of your Q-SYS design files for the current version and older versions. Also, make backup files for all media you have on the Core. To avoid overwriting your backup copies, be sure you do not open the backup copies with the newly installed version of Q-SYS Designer Software.
Updated Features v9.9.1
Support for Q-SYS NV-21-HU Network Video Endpoint
- Introducing the next evolution for native Q-SYS video distribution, now supported in your Q-SYS designs.
- The NV-21-HU is a software-configurable endpoint offering a comprehensive single-cable solution for video distribution, AV bridging, and device charging via USB-C.
1. No direct audio support for DisplayPort alt-mode (USB-C Video Path):
NV-21-HU can send audio through two paths of the USB-C connection; the first method is the USB 3.0 path; this is how the 2x2 Soundcard and 1x1 Speakerphone are routed for AV Bridging (AV bridging license required). The second method is through the “DisplayPort alt-mode path,” where the video is routed. In Q-SYS Designer Software v9.8.1, there is no audio support through the DisplayPort alt-mode path in. (This will be resolved in an upcoming software release.)
For the time being, use the USB Soundcard to pass audio in DisplayPort alt-mode. This method will require activating an AV Bridging feature license for each NV-21-HU that requires this functionality (see diagram below).
2. AV Bridging Maximum Resolution: The NV-21-HU video bridge will present a maximum resolution of 720p30 YUY2 to a connected computer/UC application. This will not limit its compatibility with any applications.
3. AV Bridging in Decoder Mode: To support AV Bridging, when the NV-21-HU is in Decoder Mode, incoming AV streams should be limited to a maximum resolution of 1080p.
4. AV Bridging in Encoder Mode: To support AV Bridging, when the NV-21-HU is set in Encoder mode, AND the local HDMI output is needed, the video source input (HDMI or USB-C) cannot exceed a maximum resolution of 1080p. The video source input (HDMI or USB-C) can support up to 4K60 if the local HDMI output is not needed.
- NV-32-H Core Mode Streaming feature license enables simultaneous functionality on the NV-32-H (Core Capable), offering Core processing and network video encoding/decoding, streamlining installations while lowering product and installation costs.
- Automatically frame near-end subjects– NC Series cameras can now automatically frame all people detected in the field-of-view, further enhancing meeting equity by ensuring that the far-end always sees a properly framed camera shot.
- Additional CEC Controls for HDMI display devices: Adds CEC-enabled control over Power, Input Select, Volume control and custom CEC command support for HDMI devices connected to an NV Series encoder/decoder.
Scale up your Core 610 Capabilities
Q-SYS Reflect Enterprise Manager
- Extended API for deeper integration with third-party monitoring tools: All information on the Assets page is available via API along with Audit Log information, which includes information related to adding/removing users and permission levels (allowing for unauthorized use monitoring within their own toolset.)
- Receive Alerts and Notifications to your messaging tool of choice: Webhook based notifications streamline communications for support staff. Includes support for Microsoft Teams, Slack, ServiceNow and more.
Other Platform Enhancements
- Software-based Dante optimized for 1 ms latency: Easier integration into mixed-protocol environments, providing parity with other audio over IP transports. (Note that the Core 6000 CXR or Core 5200 with more than 64 channels of Dante may result in latencies above 1 ms; further optimization is ongoing).
Want a quick overview of new features?
We give you a quick tour of the notable new features in each major release of Q-SYS Designer Software. To learn more about using Q-SYS Designer Software, visit Q-SYS Training.
Q-SYS Designer Software v9.9.1
Released November 20, 2023
UPGRADE NOTICE: If you are upgrading from version 9.1.x or later, no additional steps are necessary. If you are upgrading from 9.0.x or earlier, see the Release Notes for upgrade path requirements.
Q-SYS Designer Software v9.4.6 LTS (long-term support)
Released December 1, 2023
The long-term support version provides critical bug fixes and security updates, plus compatibility with minor revisions of supported hardware, while maintaining the feature-set of Q-SYS Designer Software v9.4. This version will be supported for 24 months from the date of release or until the promotion of a new release to LTS status.
Users using Cisco Catalyst 9300 Series or similar switches that don't support 10Mbps are not recommended to upgrade Q-SYS Designer Software and Core firmware to 9.4.4 or above (9.5 and 9.6). We have discovered an issue with Q-SYS TSC Series Gen 1 and Gen 2 touch panels running 9.4.4 or above while having the LAN port connected to a network switch port which does not support 10 Mbps. Q-SYS TSC Series Gen 1 or Gen 2 touchscreen controllers connected in this way may become inoperable and require a connection to a 10 Mbps switch in order to downgrade firmware to a previous version and become functional again.
Users using Cisco Catalyst 9300 Series or similar switches that don't support 10Mbps are not recommended to upgrade Q-SYS Designer Software and Core firmware to 9.4.4 or above (including 9.5, 9.6 and 9.7). We have discovered an issue with Q-SYS TSC Series Gen 1 and Gen 2 touch panels running 9.4.4 or above while having the LAN port connected to a network switch port which does not support 10 Mbps. Q-SYS TSC Series Gen 1 or Gen 2 touchscreen controllers connected in this way may become inoperable and require a connection to a 10 Mbps switch in order to downgrade firmware to a previous version and become functional again.
New Media File Management API
Provides more modern, secure methods of managing audio files and playlists on Cores running Q-SYS v9.0.0 and higher.
Please keep in mind:
- The existing “/media” audio file management API that you may be using was deprecated with the release of v9.5. Please note that the FTP Server capability was deprecated at the same time.
- If you intend on using these new Media File Management APIs, look to future Q-SYS Designer Release Notes for details on changes and improvements as they arrive.
QDS Archive Versions
Request a previous or End-of-Life (EOL) version of Q-SYS Designer Software for legacy systems.
3rd Party Plugin & Scriptable Controls
Q-SYS has partnered with several AV&C technology manufacturers to provide a broad portfolio of prebuilt plugins. This makes integration of third-party devices into a Q-SYS system a simple drag-and-drop configuration.
View Q-SYS Technology Partners Plugins
Q-SYS Control for iOS
Design user control interfaces for your iOS device within Q-SYS Designer Software and use this free app to wirelessly control any element of your Q-SYS system from your iPhone or iPad.
Q-SYS Online Help
The Q-SYS online help file is the most complete and latest help file for Q-SYS Designer Software and associated hardware and peripherals. You can access this help file from within Q-SYS Designer Software. The Q-SYS online help file is usually updated more frequently than the help file built into Q-SYS Designer Software.