The Q-SYS PL-LA family is composed of two-way, passive installation line arrays designed that deliver premium sound for a broad range of applications, from entertainment and small sporting venues to corporate auditoriums and higher ed lecture halls. Ideal for small to medium sized venues, both PL-LA models (8-inch and 12-inch) are high-performance front-of-house solutions that feature the QSC Length-Equalized Acoustic Flare™ (QSC LEAF™) Waveguide, providing top-tier acoustic performances through optimized internal sound paths. PL Series performance loudspeakers pair a rich legacy of high-performance audio with the power and flexibility of Q-SYS to extend an integrated audio, video and control experience to your front-of-house applications.
- PL-LA12: 12-inch LF transducer & HF compression driver in a bass-reflex enclosure
- PL-LA8: 8-inch LF transducer & HF compression driver in a bass-reflex enclosure
- Weatherized (IP54) ABS enclosure for indoor and protected outdoor environments
- Superior acoustic performance via QSC LEAF™ Waveguide
- Pair with Q-SYS CX-Q 4ch network amplifiers for advanced system optimization through custom voicings and filter sets
- Integrated rigging hardware allows flying of up to twelve (12) loudspeakers
- Deliver the right system for your customers: PL Series loudspeakers provide an abundance of options to ensure the right loudspeaker solution anywhere in the venue that requires higher performance audio. All PL Series loudspeakers feature a weatherized enclosure (IP54 rating), making them a perfect choice for indoor or protected outdoor applications. Pairing them with the Q-SYS Platform, including Q-SYS processing and network amplifiers extends several unique benefits from custom voicings and protection safeguards to advanced telemetry, helping to speed up deployment and deliver a more holistic system operation experience.
- Full control and monitoring for entertainment venues: The Q-SYS Platform offers a full-featured control engine that lets you deploy the right level of intuitive user control and system visibility for each stakeholder in the venue. Design an advanced system control interface with Q-SYS UCI Editor for the sound operators, containing any combination of gain, preset triggers, status indicators, telemetry data and more. Similarly, enlist Q-SYS Reflect Enterprise Manager to remotely monitor and manage the integrity of your system from anywhere, and even allow an offsite technician to identify and troubleshoot issues from any web browser.
- Seamless Q-SYS experience: PL Series performance loudspeakers are part of a comprehensive Q-SYS system portfolio that delivers a holistic audio, video and control experience for the entire venue. Whether you need foreground reinforcement for your performance area, background music in the lobbies or ancillary areas, collaboration in the meeting rooms, wide area audio distribution, or third-party device integration and automation, the Q-SYS Platform ties these pieces to deliver a uniquely tailored experience throughout.
|Enclosure configuration||Bass Reflex, two-way passive/bi-amp line array loudspeaker|
|Transducers||LF: 8 in (200 mm), 2 in (50 mm) voice coil, neodymium magnet |
HF: Compression driver, 1.75 in (44 mm) voice coil
|LF: 12 in (320 mm), 2.5 in (64 mm) voice coil, neodymium magnet |
HF: 2x compression driver, 1.75 in (44 mm) voice coil
|Coverage (horizontal x vertical)||100° x 15°||90° x 15°|
|System bandwidth (-10 dB with EQ)||61 Hz-20 kHz (no subwoofer)||53 Hz-20 kHz (no subwoofer)|
|System sensitivity||101.2 dB @ 1 W/1 m||102.3 dB @ 1 W/1 m|
|Max SPL* (continuous)||126 dB @ 1 W/1 m||129 dB @ 1 W/1 m|
|System power rating||46 Vrms, continuous 250 W @ 8 Ω||49 Vrms, continuous 300 W @ 8 Ω|
|Connectors||2x Speakon NL4 (cable connector not provided) |
1x Euroblock (parallel to Speakon): Solid wire 8-24 AWG, 4 poles
|Recommended amplifiers||Q-SYS CX-Q Series 4ch network amplifiers |
up to four (4) loudspeakers per channel on CX-Q 8K4
up to two (2) loudspeakers per channel on CX-Q 4K4
|Rigging angles||0.5, 1.5, 3, 4.5, 6, 8, 10, 12|
|Enclosure material:||Impact-resistant ABS|
|Enclosure color||Black (RAL 9011)|
UV and Corrosion treated grille
Hydrophobic Stainless Steel Mesh behind grille
Input cup (IP65) sealing with gland
|Dimensions||10.7 x 20.1 x 13.7 in (272 x 512 x 349 mm)||15.4 x 24.4 x 15.8 in (392 x 620 x 381 mm)|
|Weight||30 lb (13.5 kg)||47 lbs (21.5 kg)|
*1 m on-axis in free space; continuous IEC noise 6 dB crest factor into power rating
All specifications are subject to change without notice.