Q-SYS Designer Software: Support Policy
QSC strives to bring new software solutions and feature updates to better service our customers. To maximize business performance, you are encouraged to transition systems to the latest Q-SYS Designer Software release.
To ease the transition period from the most recent prior to the current version, QSC will provide technical support, on a best-effort basis, on the most recent prior release of Q-SYS Designer Software (annotated as “End of Life – Supported”) for a period up to twelve (12) months. After twelve months, the prior software version will no longer be supported by QSC.
- [CONTACTS] Increased the LDAP server timeout to better support very large contacts lists or slow LDAP servers
- [CORE] Disabled AES3 outputs when Core is in Standby mode
- [CORE] Fixed an issue that would cause a unexpected behavior in a redundant Core configuration, resulting in a newly reattached Core automatically becoming the active Core.
- [POTS] Fixed an issue to better support POTS telephony in Singapore
- [FIX] Fixed an issue where Q-SYS devices sync'd to an external PTP source may lock-up over a period of time. Any customers running v6.2.0 should upgrade to v6.2.1 to avoid this issue.
- [FIX] Fixed an unusual issue related to mixing Static and Auto IP configurations on Core LAN-A and LAN-B ports
- [FIX] Fixed an issue that would cause I/O-Frame, I/O-22 and Page Station devices to fail during a firmware upgrade from early versions of Q-SYS firmware.
- [FIX] Fixed an issue with the '+' button on the Channel Group component
- [FIX] Solved an issue that could cause a Q-SYS device to lock up over a period of time.
- [NOTE] it is important that any system running Q-SYS v6.1.1 is updated to v6.1.2
- [INVENTORY]: Added support for the new CXD-Q and CXD-Qn Series 8-channel amplifier models.
- [AV-to-USB BRIDGING]: It is now possible to adjust the levels on the AV-to-USB Bridging devices directly from the Sound controls on Macs running OS X 10.12.6 or higher.
- [PTZ-IP CAMERAS]: When in Privacy mode, the Q-SYS PTZ-IP conference room cameras now output ‘black’ video streams.
- [PTP CLOCKING]: Added ‘PTPv2 Disable LAN B’ function to the Design Properties to aid with situations involving multiple AES67 devices attempting to PTP sync via converged IT networks using the Q-SYS Core as a PTP boundary clock.
- [AUDIO]: Added IIR Custom Filter which is a multi-section biquad filter that takes its coefficients from a CSV file.
- [SOFTPHONE]: Fixed an issue where the Softphone component may incorrectly connect to a different Network Port if the selected NIC is disconnected.
- [I/O-8 FLEX]: Fixed an issue where the I/O Monitor may not correctly monitor the Flex Output channels
- [I/O-8 FLEX]: Fixed an issue where the Flex Input and Output select buttons would not toggle correctly when in emulation mode.
- [I/O-510i]: Fixed an issue where the CCN32 was incorrectly limited to a maximum of 16x16 channels when installed in an I/O-510i.
- [POTS]: A number of improvements to assist customers interfacing the Core 110f POTS interface with an ATA.
NOT FOR CINEMA CUSTOMERS USING DPA-Q AMPLIFIERS
We highly recommend that you update your system to the latest Q-SYS software version to take advantage of newer features and improvements.
- INVENTORY: Added Core 510i Core Processor
- INVENTORY: Added I/O-510i to be used when Core 510i is configured via software as an I/O Expander
- INVENTORY: Added I/O-8 Flex network I/O Expander
- CONFIGURATOR: Added ability to configure Core 510i via software as a Core Processor or I/O-510i Expander.
- AEC: Added Next Generation Q-SYS AEC component offering a number of improvements. Existing designs will continue with the previous AEC algorithm, any new AEC components added to designs will be the new algorithm. It is not possible to run the new and previous AEC algorithm at the same time.
- AEC: The new Q-SYS AEC component requires more CPU processing power so the maximum AEC processor count is reduced on some older Q-SYS Cores when using the new algorithm. Maximum AEC processor counts when upgrading a pre-v6.0.0 design file are unaffected. Please refer to the Help File and Release Notes for more details on these changes.
- LUA: Removed some undocumented Lua libraries and functions from Emulate mode, these same functions will be removed from the Core Runtime engine in a future software release. – Recommend testing any valuable Lua scripts in Emulate mode to identify this change.
- LUA: Added new table to the HttpClient.Download method’s EventHandler signature which contains the response headers
- Q-SYS IP CAMERAS: Added option for UVC Camera Control to enable far-end control of the Q-SYS PTZ IP cameras from Soft-Codec applications supporting this feature
- Q-SYS IP CAMERAS: Added option for Auto-Privacy which will set the cameras to Privacy mode when video content is not being requested by an AV-to-USB Bridge.
- CORE-110f: Added support for IP Stream 2 (H.264) from the Q-SYS Cameras when using the Core 110f USB Device port for Video Bridging.
- CORE-110f: When Video Bridging is used on the Core 110f USB Device port, the Q-LAN / AES67 maximum channel count is reduced to 64 x 64.
- SOFTPHONE: Authentication Passwords are now masked in the Q-SYS Administrator Softphone configuration
- SOFTPHONE: Added TLS as a transport option in addition to TCP and UDP
- SOFTPHONE: Added ‘Simulate Incoming Call’ to Emulation mode to assist with development of UCI’s and 3rd party integration when Q-SYS hardware or SIP Server is not available.
- SOFTPHONE: Added support for the “,” symbol to be used to insert a 1 second Soft Pause in the dial string (ex dial string “729 832 9502 ,,,,, 19327#”).
- SOFTPHONE: Added support for the “;” symbol to be used to insert a Hard Pause in to the dial string, to be used in conjunction with the ‘Continue with…’ feature described below (ex dial string “729 832 9502 ; 19327#”)
- SOFTPHONE: Added ‘Continue with …’ control to the Softphone Controller to submit predefined DTMF digits after an active call triggers a Hard Pause to assist with navigating IVR’s and Conference Bridge dial in.
- PLUGINS: Added control and monitoring plugins for Attero Tech unD6IO-BT, unDIO2x2+ and unDX2IO+
- PLUGINS: Added control and monitoring plugin for Clock-Audio CDT-100
- PLUGINS: Added control and monitoring plugin for Dataprobe iPIO
- PLUGINS: Updated Shure MX Wireless Plugin
- PLUGINS: Added ability to automatically install plugins by double-clicking .qplug file
- MSR: Added support for audio stream ingest from Atlona OmniStream 111 and 112 transmitters
- MSR: Added support for audio stream ingest from Wyrestorm Network HD 100, 200 and 400 series transmitters.
- QSD: Migrated Q-SYS Designer Software application to 64-Bit so as to better support very large designs
- QSD: Hard Links can now be configured as either UDP or HTTP
- LOGGING: Added sip.txt to Log Archive tool.
- VPS: Fixed bug where overwriting the same message audio file with new audio content would not work as expected in a redundant Core configuration
- CDN64: Fixed a bug where multiple, simultaneous multicast flow assignments may not work as expected.