Welcome to the Q-SYS Product Compliance website. As the leading and most trusted provider of high quality professional audio/video systems worldwide, Q-SYS is up to date with the latest national and international regulatory standards. Q-SYS products are designed from the ground up to comply with the latest industry requirements in areas ranging from product safety and EMC to environmental protection and energy efficiency.
The sections below contain the many types of certifications and compliance statements carried by Q-SYS products. If you have any questions or need clarification with any items, you can contact us at [email protected].
|Title||Document Type||Date Revised|
SPA 460/260 Energy Star Conformance Certificate
Energy Star Conformance Certificate for the SPA2-60 and SPA4-60 Amplifiers
|Compliance Documents||May 02, 2022|
SPA 2200 Energy Star Conformance Certificate
Energy Star Conformance Certificate for the SPA2-200 Amplifier
|Compliance Documents||May 02, 2022|
SPA 4100 Energy Star Conformance Certificate
Energy Star Conformance Certificate for the SPA4-100 Amplifier
|Compliance Documents||May 02, 2022|
In addition to the safety standards mentioned in the individual User Guides, and pertinent Declaration of Conformity documents (please contact us at [email protected] for details), these QSC devices also conform to requirements of standard IEC 60945 for Maritime navigation and radio communication equipment and systems – General requirements (Methods of testing and required test results).
QSC received a System Type Approval Certification from DNV for ‘QSC Q-SYS PA/GA System’ containing the referenced devices. Refer to the System Installation Manual for Type Approval Applications for installation information.
The QSC devices that conform to IEC 60945 and which are listed on the DNV Type Approval Certificate include the following:
- Q-SYS Core 1000, SOLAS Option 1
- Q-SYS Core 3000, SOLAS Option 1
- Q-SYS Core 4000, SOLAS Option 1
- Q-SYS I/O Frame, SOLAS Option 2
- CX Series Amplifiers 4
- CXD4.3Q Amplifier
- CXD4.5Q Amplifier
- Q-SYS TSC3 Touchscreen3
- Q-SYS I/O-22 3, 5
Obsolete IEC 60945 Products:
- Q-SYS PS-400H 3
- Q-SYS PS-400G 3
- Q-SYS PS-800H 3
- Q-SYS PS-800G 3
IEC 60945 and DNV TA-certification:
- Q-SYS Core 1100, SOLAS Option 1
- Q-SYS Core 3100, SOLAS Option 1
- Q-SYS PS-1600H 3
- Q-SYS PS-1600G 3
- CX-Q Series network amplifiers
Product availability may be subject to change without notice.
For details on QSC’s SOLAS approved and available devices, contact a QSC Sales Representative.
- The SOLAS Option includes the AC FILTER ENHANCEMENT (SAFE) device.
- The I/O Frame does not require the SOLAS AC FILTER ENHANCEMENT (SAFE) device.
- DC power must be applied to the unit via a QSC-qualified Ethernet switch with PoE. Refer to (http://www.qsys.com/products/q-sys/qualified-network-switches-and-3rd-party-setup-guides/) for the current list of qualified Ethernet switches.
- Requires SOLAS AC FILTER ENHANCEMENT (SAFE) accessory.
- Requires ground strap attached to the bottom of the unit. Ground strap is braided copper or stainless steel, minimum 1.5 mm thick, minimum 10 mm wide, and maximum 1.2 M long. Do not use external power input or external speaker output.
Sorry, nothing matched your criteria.
Restriction of Hazardous Substances Directive (RoHS), adopted in February 2003 by the European Union, is intended to reduce the effect of hazardous waste created by electronic products on the environment. The directive took effect on July 1st, 2006, and places clear restrictions on the use of six hazardous materials used in the manufacture of electronic and electrical components.
While each European Union member state has adopted its own enforcement and implementation policies using the directive as a guideline, the six substances now restricted are listed across-the-board as lead, mercury, cadmium, chromium VI, and PBB and PBDE, both of which are used as flame retardants in some plastics.
All QSC Products meet the requirements of European Directive 2011/65/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council of 8 June 2011 on the restriction of the use of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment. Additionally, all QSC products are China RoHS, Korea RoHs and Taiwan RoHS compliant.
As responsible members of the business community, it is our desire and pledge to leave the environment better than we found it. As consumers of the earth's resources, we consider it our responsibility to reduce and if possible eventually eliminate the environmental impact of our manufacturing processes.
As a matter of policy, QSC complies with all applicable environmental regulations. This includes (but is not limited to) global environmental laws, such as EU RoHS Directive (2002/95/EC), EU WEEE Directive (2002/96/EC), WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 33115660, China RoHS, Korean RoHS, U.S. Federal and State Environmental Laws and various resource recycling promotion laws around the world.
At QSC we follow the Three R's:
The best thing that we can do for the planet is to use less of it. Reduce refers to lessening the amount of items or resources that are consumed, using only the amount that is needed, and looking for alternatives that will lessen our use. This includes purchasing durable, long-lasting goods; products and packaging that are as free of toxins as possible; and redesigning products to use fewer raw materials. QSC uses several different types of source reduction packaging and janitorial supplies. One of our primary goals is to design products that conserve resources and energy while producing more efficient, thinner, and lighter products - without compromising the performance.
When making purchasing decisions, we consider items that are durable and reusable. Extending the life of a product or repurposing an item rather than discarding it is an effective means of reuse. This is considered to be even better than recycling because the item does not need to be reprocessed before it can be used again. By reusing products you can keep operational costs down and do your part to be environmentally friendly. QSC Reuses products such as loosefill material, for cushioning; it requires no maintenance, and reduces inventory space. QSC also has reusable containers that are returned to suppliers for the next delivery.
Recycling turns materials that would otherwise become waste into valuable resources that can be used to make new products. In addition, it generates a host of environmental, financial, and social benefits. It is significantly better than throwing materials away which then get sent to landfills. Recycling also includes buying products with recycled content. In order to make recycling feasible, we must buy recycled products and packaging. By doing so, we create a benefit, both economical and environmental. Purchasing products made from, or packaged in recycled materials saves resources for future generations. As we all know all good things come to an end but before you dump your packaging into a landfill try recycling. For the many materials that cannot be eliminated through source reduction or be as effective this is where recycling comes in. QSC products replaced with newer systems can be retired to other venues or become rental systems. By recycling our package, materials and supplies we minimize the amount of waste generation by recovering and reprocessing usable products.
Striving for Sustainability in....
- Product Development
- Energy Consumption
- Waste Management
- Office Waste Management
Much of the content of our products - steel, aluminum, and copper - is 100% recyclable. Seeking alliances with earth-friendly vendors and suppliers is a prime directive for our designers, supply chain and manufacturing team.
We strive to develop products that raise the bar for audio performance and reliability while reducing size, weight and material content. QSC amplifiers have long been designed with maximum conversion efficiency in mind and are highly efficient at converting AC mains power into useable audio output. The revolutionary QSC PowerLight™ technology not only reduces energy consumption but also enables designs that use less copper, steel and aluminum.
QSC loudspeakers such as the WideLine™ series provide very high acoustic output and audio quality from extremely compact enclosures. This permits touring users to transport high output concert sound rigs in smaller and more fuel-efficient vehicles.
We have eliminated all use of solvent based adhesives, fluxes, and paints and replaced them with water-based, environment-friendly, materials throughout our operations. A revision of all cutting patterns has reduced wood waste. All sawdust from manufacturing is sent to a recycler. Per piece Job travelers, purchase orders, receiving file copies and document control have been replaced by paperless systems.
All QSC's corrugated cartons are made of 65% recycled material. Packaging practices are modified to minimize waste and save valuable resources. Local JIT (Just In Time) suppliers are delivering components in reusable containers instead of boxed.
Our progress towards reduced energy consumption is a result of changing motors and processes so that they run only when product needs to be moved. Most conveyors run only when product is present and needs to be transported.
100% of all inbound carton packaging material is removed by local recyclers. Likewise, all aerosols and batteries are sent to the appropriate places for recycling or disposal. QSC has an e-Waste Program. A program designed to reduce the amount of electronic waste requiring disposal. It includes waste prevention, recycling, reuse, and the purchase and manufacture of goods that have recycled content or produce less waste.
QSC has substantially reduced the amount of paper used for marketing by means of electronic distribution of many marketing materials. We have eliminated mass distribution of printed marketing materials to our channel partners in favor of an on-demand approach that substantially reduces waste.
QSC Marketing has also adopted a "designing for sustainability" philosophy. A few notable changes include increasing a balance of digital web based delivery and print delivery options, shifting to FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) certified printing papers with high recycled content, using Soy based ink, choosing sources that minimize transportation and raising awareness through the use of recycle symbols on print materials.
Office Waste Management
- Paper is recycled
- Cans and bottles discarded in our lunch room are collected and recycled
- All used computer equipment is disposed of through the e-waste program for metals and plastic (ABS) recycling
- All empty photocopier and printer cartridges are returned to our suppliers for refilling
We invite all our business partners to share with us, their progress towards sustainability for the mutual benefit of us becoming sustainable businesses.
REACH – (EC) 1907/2006
The acronym REACH stands for Registration, Evaluation, and Authorization of Chemicals. REACH takes precedence over most pre-existing EU Chemical Regulations. The requirements of 76/769/EEC and 67/548/EEC are carried over into REACH. REACH applies to all substances that are used in quantities of greater than 1 tonne per year per importer or producer with an implementation time line that stretches from 2007 to 2018. The responsible party for REACH is the manufacturer (if based in the EU) or the importer. The threshold quantities apply per manufacturer or importer, not per product line.
There are two main scenarios where QSC, LLC may be affected by REACH. These are:
- The product contains a chemical substance intended to be released during normal and reasonably foreseeable conditions of use, such as ink in a pen, and more than one tonne per annum is put onto the EU market.
- The product contains a chemical substance listed as a "Substance of Very High Concern" in a concentration of >0.1% wt/wt. These substances are linked to human health issues or are environmentally "persistent, bio accumulative and toxic"
QSC has conducted an assessment of the regulations and has determined that our current product offerings do not fall into category 1. Accordingly, we foresee no registration or authorization requirement for the products we produce. With regard to category 2, the requirements of Article 33 of REACH: Duty to communicate information on substances in articles; we declare no knowledge of any of the SVHCs are present in QSC’s products except for lead monoxide and DEHP in quantities totaling in a concentration equal or above 0.1%. As new products are designed and released, and the SVHC list is updated, QSC will continue to monitor the components and subassemblies to ensure compliance.
If you require further information or statements of compliance, please e-mail [email protected].
Statement of CARB Compliance
The CARB rules were phased in during 2011, QSC wants to make you aware of what we have done to meet this Rule. We have accomplished the following:
- Confirmed that our partners are aware of the formaldehyde emissions rules; Per the California Air Resources Board’s measure, QSC and QSC’s contract manufacturers are considered “Fabricators”. A company that manufactures domestic or imported finished goods made with regulated composite wood panels. QSC and QSC’s partners have been compliant with the CARB Rule since January 1, 2010 and have been buying compliant material from our suppliers since May 1, 2009.
- Determined what steps have already been taken to produce compliant products; What are the Fabricator requirements? What has QSC done to meet these requirements?
- Enter into agreements with wood suppliers to supply only CARB compliant material starting May 1, 2009; and receive written certification from the suppliers on all material shipments.
- As the compliant material is received, keep the records of purchases for two years (the bill of lading or the invoice received from the supplier clearly identifying the supplier and certifying that the panels are CARB compliant with the third party certification agency identified).
- Fabricators Name
- Date Finished Product was Produced (this is imbedded in the Product Serial Number)
- Language that clearly indicates that the product complies with the CARB Rule.
- The same statement of compliance in c) is also on the invoice and Packing slip that is sent to our customer.
- Notify all customers that going forward QSC will provide compliance certification and will only be purchasing compliant materials.
QSC has been supplying fabricated products containing composites that comply with the labeling, emission and certification requirements of the rule since January 1, 2010.
QSC certifies that all QSC products containing MDF or Hardwood Plywood comply with CARB Phase 2 formaldehyde emission standards in CCR 93120.2(a).
Search by Product
|Title||Document Type||Date Revised|
Sorry, nothing matched your criteria.